Job Title: Commercial Director
Job Reference: NX202203
Location: London (flexible)
Salary: Up to £55k p.a. commensurate with experience
Benefits: Employee Share Option Plan, Personal Development Budget, Flexible Working, Monthly Pizza Bonus as standard
Duration:Full time, 12-month full-time (negotiable) contract with the aim to extend (funding permitting).
About the role
Nanomox is hiring a Commercial Director who will lead the commercial activitiesto bring to market advanced materials produced in a sustainable way. The role includes support in project management.
The Commercial Director will report to the CEO and Main Board. They will be responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient management of the commercial elements of the business, focused on service-related commercial strategies (including for key framework and strategic bids), project finances, contract terms, contract administration and the commercial success of the business through the proactive direction, control and reporting on commercial risk and opportunities (project and business). This will be in accordance with the strategy and business plans agreed by the CEO and theMain Board to ensure that business goals and objectives are met.
Assisting the Board in setting goals that promote company success, growth and high performance, the Commercial Director (working closely with the CEO) will identify improvement areas and develop and implement plans, systemsand commercial strategies to boost the commercial awareness of Nanomox delivery team, improve project profitability, and accelerate revenue growth. They will provide advice and support to help senior executives make key decisions. They will assist in negotiations with suppliers and clients to maximise value and protect Nanomoxinterests. The Commercial Director will also help the CEO drive the right culture, values and behaviour aligned to being a leading Ethical and Sustainable business.
A key element of the role will also be external facing, developingand maintaining strong relationships with commercial and contract teams within key client and partner organisations. Identifying opportunities to expand business through mergers, partnershipsand new markets.
As one of the first commercial employees, you will have a significant role in helping to develop lab facilities and protocols. Our vision for 1 our first employees is that they own the business with us - as we grow - and become part of the collective story of Nanomox, taking a catalytic role in its early history and the fight against climate change.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in business (or MBA or commercial experience) required.
- Experience in fund raising.
- Experience in developing business plans.
- Proven ability to work ethically and in accordance with relevant code(s).
- Leadership, including aligning priorities, driving performance, & managing matrix teams.
- Proven ability to monitor and impact company performance.
- Ability to oversee generation of insights and apply those insights to business problems / opportunities and make strategic recommendations.
- Analytical mindset, with demonstrated ability to lead others to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of market forecasts and relationship of business drivers to revenue.
- A strong communicator both in writing and in speaking (English). You must be able to produce clear written reports, for both high level and technical specialist audiences.
- Able to work independently on a variety of projects and manage their time effectively.
- A high level of self-motivation and the ability to effectively plan, organize work, and be detail oriented.
- Highly professional in all interactions—i.e., punctual, tactful, positive, flexibleand cooperative.
- Enthusiastic for the vision, mission, and values of Nanomox.
- Significant relevant experience within advanced materials / chemicals commercialization, particularly inorganic materials.
- Experience with direct team/supervisory management.
- Prior experience incommercializing chemical processes.
- Develop overall company and commercial strategies.
- Conduct market research.
- Continue the development of a business and commercialisation plan.
- Prepare and support the product development from laboratory-scale and pilot plant samples through commercial and collaborative partnerships.
- Budget development.
- Support in recruiting additional employees.
- Representing Nanomoxat conferences and trade fairs, and to potential customers, investors, suppliers and the wider public.
- Support the technical team with commercial strategy around market attractiveness.
- Manage non-technical relationships.
- Manage commercial relationships with potential customers and partners.
- Updates of commercialisation plan: Analyse market conditions, including competition analysis, SWOT analysis, market segmentation, setting objectives for the pre-commercialization and the commercialization stage, plan for approaching prospective clients, plan for approaching third parties for commercialization, scheduling of commercialization activities, definition of operational requirements for commercialization.
- Contribute to risk register for commercial risks.
- Project management: Contribute to project plan and risk register.
- Advised on investment plans.
- Steered the commercial performance by maximising contract values and project profitability.
- Advised on market trends and presenting areas of expansion, or new areas to consider.
- Advised on ways to improve internal processes.
- Lead on contract negotiations with suppliers and clients, and ensured resourcing model reflects the businesses current and future needs.
- Additionally, the following responsibilities may be covered by your role, subject to workloadbeing acceptable:
- Project management and grant proposal writing.
- Communication activities, including brand development.
- Other responsibilities as discussed on an ad-hoc basis.
- Project managementof current Innovate UK grants.